Applications for AUSD Board of Education Now Available
The Board of Education for the Alameda Unified School District (AUSD) is now accepting applications for the seat left vacant when Niel Tam passed away in late May, district leaders announced today. Th ...more
About AUSD's Board of Education
A five-member Board of Education oversees the Alameda Unified School District. Members are elected at-large and serve four-year terms.
The Board acts in the best interests of all students, reviews and approves the budget, authorizes expenditures, employs the Superintendent, and adopts a vision, mission, guiding principles, and policies within the limits of the State Education Code. Board members are accessible to the community and integrate public input into their deliberations and decision-making.
For information on speaking at a board meeting or for an explanation of terms, please click here.
Student Board Members
- Providing continuing input for Board deliberations
- Strengthening communications between the Board and District students
- Representing all students and facilitating the discussion of all sides of issues
- Window of main entrance of the District Office, 2060 Challenger Drive
- District website (Agendas & Minutes page)
- All students have the ability to achieve academic and personal success.
- Teachers must challenge and support all students to reach their highest academic and personal potential.
- Administrators must have the knowledge, leadership skills, and ability to ensure all students succeed.
- Parental involvement and community engagement are integral to the success of all students.
- Accountability, transparency, and trust are necessary at all levels of the organization.
- Allocation of funds must support our vision, mission, and guiding principles.
- All employees must receive respectful treatment and professional support to achieve district goals.