About AUSD's Board of Education
A five-member Board of Education oversees the Alameda Unified School District. Members are elected at-large and serve four-year terms.
The Board acts in the best interests of all students, reviews and approves the budget, authorizes expenditures, employs the Superintendent, and adopts a vision, mission, guiding principles, and policies within the limits of the State Education Code. Board members are accessible to the community and integrate public input into their deliberations and decision-making.
For information on speaking at a board meeting or for an explanation of terms, please click here.
Student Board Members
- Providing continuing input for Board deliberations
- Strengthening communications between the Board and District students
- Representing all students and facilitating the discussion of all sides of issues
- Window of main entrance of the District Office, 2060 Challenger Drive
- District website (Agendas & Minutes page)
- All students have the ability to achieve academic and personal success.
- Teachers must challenge and support all students to reach their highest academic and personal potential.
- Administrators must have the knowledge, leadership skills, and ability to ensure all students succeed.
- Parental involvement and community engagement are integral to the success of all students.
- Accountability, transparency, and trust are necessary at all levels of the organization.
- Allocation of funds must support our vision, mission, and guiding principles.
- All employees must receive respectful treatment and professional support to achieve district goals.